If you are starting on a home renovation project and are considering getting tiling installed, it’s an excellent choice. The right type of tiles, of the right colors and aesthetic touches, can uplift the look of your home very effectively. However, there is much more to tiles than just patterns and colors and this is something you need to keep in view when you are getting residential tiling done.
Based on what your renovation goals are, you can choose from the wide range of tiling products that are available on the market today. In fact, the choice is so vast that most people find it quite overwhelming to choose the right tiles for their residential tiling project.
Types of Residential Tiles
Let’s take a look at the different types of tiling materials available, and which ones will work well for your needs. Here are some tiling facts:
When it comes to tiling, there are three basic types to choose from- ceramics, stone, and the latter is denser and harder when compared to ceramic.
This material is scratch-resistant, durable and can endure a significant amount of wear and tear.
In addition, these tiles have stain-resistant properties, which make them an excellent choice for areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
Indoor residential tiling is generally glazed, which makes the surface water resistant. This is exactly why tiles are used in bathrooms kitchens and laundry spaces.
If you are looking for stone tiles, you will find that there is a wide variety to choose from such as onyx, engineered stone, travertine, limestone, granite, marble and more. Each one of these has its pros and cons; some of them require sealing in order to make them stained and scratch resistant and easier to clean.
Stones like marble can be polished, and they are available in a wide range of colors once the finish has been applied.
Granite is a very popular choice because it’s versatile, elegant and durable. In most cases, granite tiles are used for countertops rather than for walls. However, this material does not have porous surfaces and it doesn’t become stained easily either unless it is exposed to acidic beverages and foods. This makes it an excellent option for busy residential kitchens.
Limestone is largely creamish in color and is quite a popular kitchen tiling material.
Travertine has porous surfaces and a very rustic look, however, it is acid-sensitive. If you are considering using travertine tiles anywhere in your home or commercial spaces, it is a good idea to get them sealed.
Ceramic tiles are very resilient, as well as durable. You can choose from products made of terracotta, mosaic and more. These residential tiling are available in a variety of colors and shades.
Whether you are planning to get classic glaze tiles installed or are looking for something more exotic, it is important that you hire the services of licensed and experienced outdoor tiling contractors like us at Better Tiling. For more information, feel free to call us at 1300 537 658 or contact us through our form.
Tile has become a widely used material in interior and exterior design projects today. Not only is it used to great effect in the indoor spaces of residential and commercial properties, but it can create a stunning look in the outdoor spaces as well. It isn’t uncommon to see patios, decks, poolscapes and other outdoor settings sporting tiles of different shapes, sizes, and styles.
If you are planning on getting any alfresco or other outdoor spaces on your property remodelled or upgraded, you should consider getting outdoor tiling installed. Even as you look for various tiling products, it’s equally important to ensure that you hire licensed and experienced outdoor tillers for the job.
Tips To Choose Outdoor Tiles
When you hire these professionals for the project, they will provide you with all the information you need about the different types of products available and what their advantages and disadvantages are.
This will help you make a smarter choice when it comes to outdoor tiling. There are a number of different things that outdoor tiles keep in view when they are recommending any products for exterior spaces on your property:
- Durability– The outdoor spaces of a property are constantly exposed to the elements, the UV rays of the sun as well as regular wear and tear. This means any materials that are used in these areas needed to be very durable and weather resistant. The outdoor tillers that you hire for the job will recommend products that would be ideal for the spaces that you are getting upgraded.
- Texture– Most tiling products that are used for indoor spaces are glazed and smooth. These surfaces are impervious to water and easier to clean. In comparison, outdoor tiles are rarely glazed. In fact, most outdoor tiling products have some texture or the other. There are two primary reasons for this.
Glazed tiles aren’t able to withstand climatic changes well and will crack when exposed to extreme temperatures, and during season changes. Aside from this, smooth surfaces can also become very treacherous in the rains. When you are choosing outdoor titles, look for something that has a good texture and finish.
- Materials– In most of the cases, outdoor tiles use to be made of supplies such as slate, limestone, marble, sandstone, bluestone, and a number of various different natural stones. These entire materials happen to be enormously flexible and able to endure exposure to the fundamentals a lot better than ceramic tiles.
Personalize Outdoor Tiling Solutions
In addition to these aspects, the outdoor tilling will help you make the right colour choice. They will make recommendations based on your preferences as well as the materials and colours used in the outdoor spaces of your home or commercial establishment.
We are one of the leading companies in this industry and have skilled and experienced outdoor tilling services that can handle projects of any type. If you want to know more about tiling services, get in touch with us at Better Tiling. You can call us for a free quote on 1300 537 658 or contact us through our form.
A splashback is one of the most vital aspects of your kitchens design. Regardless of the material and product you choose, it does become the focal point of that space. Most people prefer tile splashbacks, because they are very versatile, available in a wide variety of designs and colours, suitable for different applications and budgets.
Types of Kitchen Splashback Tiles
Regardless of how expansive your splashback is, the right kind of tile choices can add a very distinctive look to your kitchen space. Let’s a look at the different types of tiles that can be used in kitchen splashback installations:
- Laser-cut tiles– These tiles have very elaborate and intricate designs that are all pieced together just like the pieces of a puzzle. Some of these products can be pricier, especially if they have materials such as marble, quartz or even silver-backed glass embeds in them. These tiles are very ornate and look stunning in areas like clubs, pubs or even classy hotels and upscale restaurants.
- Mirror Tiling– These tiles are made of tiny mirrors assembled to create a mirrored splashback that looks stunning and aesthetically appealing. This feature will fit in perfectly with a kitchen area that requires an uplift. It can be installed in a serving station or butler’s pantry or even a buffet area. It’s why these tiles are generally used in restaurants and fast food eateries.
- Diagonal Tiles– These commercial tiles give a spin to standard tiles as they are installed diagonally. The installation of these features is more labour-intensive than standard tiling, which can increase the overall cost of the project by a small margin. These types of kitchen splashbacks create a style statement and become the focal point of your kitchen.
- Large-patterned Tiles– One of the latest commercial tiling trends are big and bold patterns. Many companies manufacture overscale patterns which can be customised to be repeated, just in the manner that wallpaper is. When these types of tiles are used, it becomes important to lay out the wall space in a well-planned manner; it helps ensure that the kitchen splashback design looks seamless.
- Subway Tile– This simple and basic tile has made a stupendous comeback in the past few years. It is a classic that is seen in subway stations across the world. Today many commercial establishments are opting to get these titles installed from counter to ceiling splashbacks in commercial spaces.
- Custom Tiles– Many commercial clients want something entirely unique, but isn’t available on the market. This is where customised items come into the picture. Many tile manufacturers now offer unique coloured and shaped specialty tiles. This helps you create the exact look that you want on your property. Custom mosaic tiles are also very popular, and add a stunning look to upscale restaurants, hotels as well as food courts at entertainment venues.
Regardless of the types of tiles use for your kitchen splashbacks, it’s important to hire the services of a skilled and expert tile installer for the job. For more information about our services, feel free to call Better Tiling at 1300 537 658 or contact us through our form.
When you listen about the word commercial tiling, the first things which come to your mind happen to be the kitchens and washroom tiles and spaces. Nevertheless, the truth used to be that today that happen to be a huge number of tiling choices accessible on the market; many of these can be used in various other areas of residential as well as commercial properties. With situation to function and scale, commercial organizations have much diverse needs than domestic areas.
Commercial Tiling- Aspects That Matter
We at Better Tiling our one of the leading companies in this industry and provide excellent commercial tiling solutions to businesses of all shapes and sizes. When we handle this job, there are a number of different aspects we focus on such as:
The establishment– One of the most important aspects to keep in view when choosing commercial tiling is the setting it’s going to be installed in. We handle a variety of projects for commercial customers and work very closely with them to understand what their specific requirements are.
If you are looking for tiling options for a designer clothing store, we may recommend something more glamorous for your setting. On the other hand, if you need tiling for an educational institution, the tiles would have to be of a more subtle design and colour. Our team will provide you with all the information you need about the different types of tiles and what their pros and cons are, helping you make a more well-informed decision.
The area where the tiles are to be installed – This is a very important factor to take into account. As mentioned earlier, today those are a large number of brands and types of tiles to choose from. The ones you pick will be based on the setting they are going to be installed in. For example, tiles for porch or entryway areas of a commercial structure are distinctly different from ones used in hallways and reception areas.
Style and design – Just as the setting has bearing on the types of tiles that will be chosen for a project, we also make sure that the samples we offer are very similar in styling and design to the rest of the features, and architectural elements in your commercial property. This is an important aspect because if you have more formal interior design elements, and you pick tiles that are very bright-coloured, they can become an eyesore. This is why the styling and design of the tile is something that needs to be chosen with care.
Durability– As mentioned at the outset, commercial spaces tend to see more traffic and wear compared to residential properties. The outdoor tiling, that will be installed need to be very much resilient and durable. We keep this aspect in view while providing recommendations of commercial tiling
If you want to know more about commercial tiling services, get in touch with us at Better Tiling. You can call us for a free quote on 1300 537 658 or contact us through our form.